Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm Such a Schmoozer!

Many thanks to Erin at the Olive Notes for nominating me for a Schmooze Award! What a sweet thing. I think. It’s a good thing, right?

Actually, it is. I’ve been following Erin’s chronicles about their upcoming move to Italy and their excitement is infectious, as well as memory-jogging about our own preparations and trepidations when we left the US. She has a great personality and voice, a great outlook on life and a great willingness to jump in and make the world a better place. I thank her for that as well as for bestowing the award on me.

"This award goes to bloggers "who effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."

While most of the blog links I’ve listed are Italy-related, I enjoy a wide spectrum of reading in the blogosphere, so I’ve selected a variety to pass on the Schmooze Award.

Shelley at Really Rome
She not only shares insider secrets about the best places to go in my favorite city, she dishes up doses of kitsch, wit, and the quirky too. She is also downright nice and hosts great contests, which makes her a hit in my book.

Jeff in Puglia
Maybe it’s because he’s in the south of Italy, an under-appreciated area. Maybe it’s his great photos (and the fact that he considerately puts his videos on a separate YouTube page so as to not lock up my slow connection). Or maybe it’s the shared Midwest upbringing that makes me like this blog. Probably all of the above, but I really like how he shares his corner of Italy with us.

Jessica at In Search of Dessert
I recently met Jessica in person and have to say she’s as sweet as I’d pictured. I love that she writes very openly, with a touch of humor, and always with a great outlook. She’s smart and talented and together with Shelley started a book exchange group, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Books. Cool, huh?


Palmabella’s Passions
Palma is a fellow Slow Traveler and the consummate party planner. She is passionate about entertaining well, eating well, and traveling well, and shares it all on her blog. Her photos not only make her elaborate parties look so inviting, she actually makes it all look easy.

Picturing New Mexico
Beautiful photos of the Land of Enchantment by my friend Lynn Schibeci never fail to make me smile. She is a talented photographer with a great eye for great shots. Best of all, when I see her photos I can see her taking them. A dose of home away from home, courtesy of a friend.

So, give them a look. They're interesting, diverse bloggers who will make you smile.

Here are the directions to participate:

1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Power of Schmooze Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote

NB: I'm still working on #3. I can't get the link to work, but will keep trying.







4 comments:

Roam2Rome said...

Oooops... guilty!

Today my page took FOREVER to load and I was about to tone it down a little when I read your comments on Jeff... I now know what I need to do :)

Congrats on your nomination :)

erin said...

Prego Valerie for the nomination...and GRAZIE for the kind words :)

Anonymous said...

grazie mille! how are the hot summer months treating you? june july august... gelati gelati gelati!!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

congrats on your schmooze award!