When I saw this meme on Palma's blog, I realized just how long it has been since I've done a real, Q&A meme. Well! Time to tickle the keyboard and answer a quiz, don't you think? Feel free to chime in!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No. No other Valeries in the family, and no Valerie inspiration from history, either. But there is a story behind my name.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last week when my sister called to tell me that her dog had died shortly after midnight on New Years.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Most of the time. Sometimes I get lazy and write like the doctors I used to work for.
4. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No. No cats at the moment, either. Sigh.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Me? Ya think? Uh, yes. The answer is yes.
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yep, alive and well and sitting pretty back there.
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Barbara's Bakery Shredded Oats. Their Shredded Spoonfuls cereal is pretty good, too.
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Usually no. I scrunch them off.
11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I'm pretty wimpy physically, but am a strong person emotionally and spiritually. And strong-willed. Just ask my mom.
12. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Ice cream? Nooo. Gelato. I always start with a base of chocolate-hazelnut and add another flavor to that...maybe stracciatella, or amarena, or frutti di bosco, or....well, I like most gelato.
13.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes and smiles, if they seem open or not.
14. RED OR PINK?
Red. *So* not a pink person.
15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My teeth. I should have gotten braces.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I lost two very important people from my life last year. I miss them both intensely.
17. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Tan sheepskin slippers purchased in England.
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Maccheroncini di Campofilone con ragu di cinghiale.
19 WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My husband's voice talking on his telefonino.
20.IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Citrus; pinon wood in a fireplace; a pine forest; fresh popcorn.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football americano. Preferably college football. Specifically The Ohio State Buckeyes.
24. HAIR COLOR?
25. EYE COLOR?
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope. I do have glasses for distance vision, though.
Hmmm...tough question! I love variety and different ethnic cuisines. My main stay (obviously) is Italian.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR SAPPY ENDINGS?S
Sappy endings. Every time. I don't like gore or horror flicks but I do like suspense films.
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Last Outpost, a 1935 Cary Grant and Claude Rains movie. The DVD was a Christmas gift.
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Brown turtleneck with a fleece pull-over. It's rainy and cold here.
31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Definitely Summer. Did I mention it's rainy and cold?
32. HUGS OR KISSES?
33. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Pie. Or Chocolate. Or Chocolate Pie.
34.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
La Mia Vita da Brigante by Carmine Crocco. It's an autobiography of a political brigand (in Italian).
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Niente. Italian TV sucks.
Silence. Wind lightly rustling the forest leaves. And, as a complete dichotomy, the unique blending of noises of central Rome.
38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Love 'em both!
39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Italy. Until I made Italy my home. So maybe I'd have to say Alaska.
40.DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can write pretty well. And I have a Roman chef's approval of my cooking abilities!
41.WHERE WERE YOU BORN?